Grand-Place Brussels, Belgium
Hanging out in the square with Carol Milne. http://www.carolmilne.com
Organic The Sister
Peeing Boy Statue Brussels - Manneken Pis
The famous Manneken-Pis remains the emblem of the rebellious spirit of the City of Brussels.
Directions to Carmelite Guesthouse
Here are some informations how to get our house
The address is : 20, rue des Moineaux - 1000 Brussels
Taxi from Brussels (Zaventen) Airport 30-40min., about 45 euros
From Airport (by train) take any train which goes to Brussels.
Trains going to Brussels stop either, Brussels North →Brussels Central→Brussels Midi
Walk from Brussels Central Station (8min.walk)
1) Take the most ahead escalator or stairway up from the platform and take the exit near the sandwich shop, “PANOS”
2) Walk straight about 30m till Magdalene Church (Brick Building)
3) Turn left into “Rue Duquesnoy”, and walk 150m, (You will pass Hotel Windsor)
4) At “Pl. Saint-Jean” take the third street on your right which is “Rue du Lombard”
5) Walk down “Rue de Lombard” 170m, till the first traffic light.
6) Turn left into “Rue de L’Etuve”, after 100m waking you will see Manneken-Pis at the first corner. But keep on walking a little bit more, about 30 steps more….
7) Take the first corner after Mannekenn-Pis. That is ”Rue des Moineaux”, our street.
From Midi station (15min. walk or 5min by Pre-metro)
1) Take Pre-Metro (tram goes underground) line 3 or 4, direction to “Esplanade” or “Gare du Nord”
*Pre-Metro station at Brussels Midi is on -3F
*You can buy a metro ticket at -1F
2) At “Anneessens”, get off by right exit of the tram and take the escalator or stairs ahead. And take the exit 8, which is on your right hand side.
3) When you come out from the station, take “rue des Bogards” which is immediately right, between a take away restaurant Burger & Chicken and Hotel Mirabeau.
4) Walk rue des Bogard for about 80m, till the first traffic lights and turn to the left into “rue du Midi”.
5) Walk about 40m, take the first corner to the right that is “rue des Moineaux”.
We are nr 20, dark blue door, and ivy on the wall.
We are running our guesthouse in a small town house. There is no sign at the door, but the number “20” is clearly displayed on the blue front door. The name Akemi Sugawara is clearly indicated on the bell.
If you need more help, look for Manneken Pis (statue of little man peeing ….), everybody knows Manneken Pis here in Brussels and we are located about 80 meters far from him.
See the map attached …
See you very soon in Brussels.
Akemi and Pascal
5.60 mi - private
Restaurant Belfort Stadscafe